Have you ever heard the expression, "The One Trick Pony?" What that means is someone that is only good at doing one thing, or having one skill set. The term "one-trick pony" comes from the circus. A circus pony that can only do one trick is not going to entertain a crowd for very long. The same is true in leadership. Leaders with only one style of leadership, which usually is, "do what I tell you to do," are not going to last long, lead their organization to success, inspire their teams, or build company culture. Surveys show that only 25% of global leaders have more than one leadership style to call upon. This leaves 75% of leaders that may be trying to survive on one type of leadership style. Is one style good enough for you or are you ready to step it up?
Rich and Maikel unpack the troubles around the one trick pony in today's business world on this episode of Mainline Executive Coaching ACT.
Thank you to all of our listeners in over 70 countries and 600 cities worldwide, we greatly appreciate your support! We truly hope that what we bring to our listeners will improve your ability as leaders.
Leaders, Lead Well!
Mainline Executive Coaching ACT has been recognized by FeedSpot as the top Executive Coaching Podcast in the world based on thousands of podcasts on the web and ranked by traffic, social media, followers & freshness.
Sign up for our newsletter:
Download our document on the Hottest Item in Business Today.